The Big Brothers and Big Sisters (BBBS) of Orange County Community Services are looking for volunteers...What:
- It is a mentoring program where high school students are each paired with an elementary school student.
- A BBBS team member will facilitate the sessions.
- The first half hour will be “homework time” where the high school student (the Big) will help the elementary student they are paired with (their Little) with their homework. The second half hour will consist of a fun activity that the BBBS facilitator will lead. Activities are relationship-building activities that focus on academic achievement, bullying, and self-esteem, etc.Who can take advantage of this opportunity:
- High school students 9th-11th gradeWhen:
- Once a week, the same weekday every week (it will depend on the school which weekday you will be volunteering).
- Takes place from 3:30-4:30 in the afternoonWhere:
- There are many different elementary schools you can volunteer at (listed in the website); however, the program has recently partnered with a new elementary school: Raymond Elementary, which is very close to Rosary. The address is 517 N Raymond Ave, Fullerton, CA 92831.If you have questions Please contact Kloey Reyes at email@example.com.
Information about the program may be found on their website: