Rosary Academy is committed to financially assisting students and families who may otherwise not be able to attend. It is our intention that Rosary be affordable for all who apply. Awards generally range from 10% to 50% of annual tuition, with very rare exceptions.
Applicants awarded tuition assistance must adhere to the following policies to maintain their awards:
- Parents must commit to and comply with the terms of their Tuition Contract
- Parents will be required to work service hours (possible events include Cracked Crab, Red Wine & Gold, Royal Golf Classic, athletic and other events)
- Students must remain in good discipline and academic standing (please refer to the Student Handbook on the Rosary Academy Parent’s webpage for additional information)
Annual renewal of tuition assistance is not automatic or guaranteed. Awards typically remain comparable from year to year; however, awards may vary based on changes in parents’ finances, available funds and overall demand for assistance. Families are required to reapply each year.
The final deadline for completing a financial aid application for the 2019-20 school year is September 1, 2019.
New families that complete their applications by December 1, 2018 will receive award decisions by January 5, 2019*. Applications from new families received after December 1, 2018 will be processed as received, but no later than 4 weeks from their date of submission. Returning families that complete their applications by April 1, 2019 will receive award decisions by May 1, 2019. Although applications will continue to be accepted after April 1, 2019, you are encouraged to submit your application as early as possible, as funds are limited. Applications from returning families received after April 1, 2019 will be processed as received, but no later than 4 weeks from their date of submission. The final deadline for all financial aid applications for the 2019-20 school year is September 1, 2019.
*Your daughter must apply for early admission in order to qualify for early tuition assistance*
Financial Aid Calendar for 2019-20:
|Applicable to:||Submit your application:||To receive your decision:|
|New families only||Between November 1, 2018 and December 1, 2018||By January 5, 2019|
|After December 1, 2018||Within 4 weeks of submission|
|Returning families||By April 1, 2019||By May 1, 2019|
|After April 1, 2019||Within 4 weeks of submission|
|All families - FINAL DEADLINE||By September 1, 2019||By September 30, 2019|
As part of the application process, you will be required to provide complete copies of both your federal and state income tax returns (including all forms and W2's). New families may submit 2017 returns and W2s. Returning families are required to submit 2018 returns and W2s, so get your taxes done early.
Here is a brief overview of the application process:
- All tuition assistance applications must be completed through the FACTS Financial Aid website. FACTS Financial Aid is an online service provider that processes financial aid applications for private schools.
- FACTS Financial Aid charges an application fee of $35 per family, which families pay online upon submission of their applications.
- Applicants must send copies of all tax documents directly to FACTS Financial Aid.
- FACTS Financial Aid provides the Rosary Academy Tuition Assistance Committee with various reports, summaries and award recommendations. (All financial information provided by FACTS Financial Aid is held in the strictest of confidence.)
- The Tuition Assistance Committee decides financial aid awards after careful review of all applications. Award decisions are based on the financial needs of each family, subject to available funds and overall demand for assistance.
- Returning families must be fully registered for the coming school year for their financial aid applications to be considered.
- New families receiving awards on or before May 1, 2019 must complete registration by June 1, 2019, or their awards will be rescinded. New families receiving awards after May 1, 2019 must complete registration within 30 days of their award date, or their awards will be rescinded.
Questions or concerns regarding your Financial Aid application?
Contact a FACTS Financial Aid - Customer Care Representative at 866-441-4637 for questions regarding the application process. Once your application has been submitted, tax documents may be faxed directly to FACTS Financial Aid at 866-315-9264.
Contact Steve Ruszak, Director of Business Operations
Phone: 714-879-6302 ext. 215
Merit Based Grants
The Royal Merit Grant is a merit based program that awards scholarships to students who have demonstrated academic, artistic, spiritual, leadership, or extracurricular excellence. Royal Merit Grant scholarships are renewable, so long as recipients remains in good academic standing and demonstrate exemplary conduct. Each year, recipients may be invited to meet with the Royal Merit Grant committee.
Students must take the High School Placement Test (HSPT) at Rosary in order to be considered.
Rosary Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of educational policies, admission policies, scholarships, financial aid programs, athletic or other school-administered programs.
Rosary Academy reserves the right to request additional financial information and/or withdraw financial aid at any time during the school year should discrepancies be discovered in the information provided.