The World Languages curriculum has been developed to educate students to be linguistically and culturally equipped to communicate in a pluralistic American society and abroad. The study of a foreign language contributes to the development of students’ intellectual skills and increases their understanding of the nature of language.
Rosary offers four year programs in Spanish, French and American Sign Language which:
- emphasize listening and speaking skills and the ability to communicate in everyday situations
- develop students’ organizational and critical thinking skills through reading and writing in another language
- advance an appreciation and understanding of other cultures and customs
The following classes are currently being offered:
- American Sign Language (ASL) I, II, and III and IV
- AP French Language and Culture
- AP Spanish Language and Culture
- French I and II
- Honors French III
- Honors Spanish III
- Spanish I, II, III, and IV
Please see the course catalog for complete descriptions, further requirements and scheduling.